Tuesday, March 27
8:30 - 9:00: Registration and welcome - Geotech Meeting Room
9:00 - 10:00: Foundations and current best practices for operating acoustic Doppler instruments. – Janice Landsfeld, SonTek Product Manager
- Monitoring Principles
- Acoustic Technology for Flow Measurement: How and when should acoustics be used?
10:00 - 10:15: Break – refreshments provided
10:15 - 12:00: Cutting Edge Water Resource Monitoring Technology: Water Resource Issues in the Southwest and monitoring solutions – Diego Davis, SonTek and Xylem Analytics
- Introduction to the FlowTracker 2 (now with optional pressure sensor!)
- Understanding RiverSurveyor Live 4.0
12:00 - 1:00: Lunch and causal discussion
1:00 - 2:00: “Continuous Monitoring for Harmful Algal Blooms” - Dr. Stephanie Smith, YSI EXO Product Manager
2:00 - 3:00: WaterLog Product Overview- Trent Demuzio, Applications Engineer;
- Continuous Water level measurement
- Site selection and picking the right instrument for the job!
- Overview and general setup of the Amazon Bubbler
- Overview and setup of the Nile radar
3:00 - 3:15: Break – refreshments provided
3:15 - 4:00: Regional expertise: Case studies from the Southwest - Jassen Savoie, Geotech
4:00 - 5:00: RiverSurveyor M9 discharge measurement and current best practices - Kevin Labbe, Application Engineer
6:00 - 8:00 pm – Hosted reception.
Wednesday, March 28
9:00 - 9:30: Check in: Geotech
9:30 -12:00: Transportation to field locations (Clear Creek River, Golden Gauging Station and Prospect Park) and live product demonstrations.
- Site overview
- Setting up an index velocity station
- FlowTracker 2 wadeable measurements
- RiverSurveyor measurements
- Setting up the Amazon Bubbler
- Setting up a stage index station
- Interface with our application experts…tell us what your needs are! How can we help?
12:00 – 1:00: Lunch – provided
1:00 – 3:00: Evaluation of RiverSurveyor and FlowTracker 2 data and post-processing. Discussion on other field measurements
3:00 – 4:00: Private meetings: Please firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule in advance.
This two-day workshop offers participants access to theoretical expertise provided by SonTek hydrologists and engineers, and useful tips to get you collecting data faster and more efficiently.
Learn how the award-winning RiverSurveyor-M9 just got better! This will be just one of the many learning opportunities offered participants during this the two-day training event.
Find out why the Amazon Bubbler is the ideal system for long-term, water level monitoring sites. It can be used as a stand-alone system with internal data storage, or as a sensor connected to any manufacturers data logger.
Questions in advance? Contact SonTek - we're happy to help!